Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

All of May is Mother's Day

It's been a chaotic couple of weeks, but I haven't abandoned correspondence entirely.

First: I got this sweet postcard in the mail a couple of weeks ago

"Are you my mother?"
So cute right? I immediately assumed this was a card from my friends M&J due to the cow content, but it was from my mom...reminding me that Mother's Day was approaching!

Then, I ran into a friend I hadn't seen in a while and we talked about going to Paris. I had already sent out the few postcards I bought in Paris, but I was able to appropriate one of the cards my mom sent me a while back.

Mailed May 6:


And finally, I just got back from a trip to New York where I got to spend Mother's Day with my mom (are you sensing a theme here yet?) and other family members. At least I had my senses about me and managed to mail at least one postcard.

Mailed May 15:
I didn't go to Times Square while I was in New York, but I walked just about every place else. I even got to ride the tram to Roosevelt Island!

ETA: how did I manage a post about Mother's Day without posting my card? I was happy to find another of the wooden cards - not made by the same company. I could have mailed it as a postcard, but I put it in an envelope so it would be a surprise. Plus, I arrived about 10 hours before the card did.


No comments:

Post a Comment