Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Tax day posting, part 2

Uncle Sam has all my precious financial data for the year, so let's see what I was doing this weekend besides filing my taxes.

Mailed April 14:

Two of my favorite activities: kittens and pinball! What's that? You say kittens are not an "activity"? Come to my house and you will understand the truth...

And now for a confession...


Gah! Falling back into bad habits...I started writing this postcard back on March 10. I wrote a sentence and addressed it, lost track, and it sat on my table until I shoved it into a pile for a few weeks. But I love this postcard - I've had it since high school - so I couldn't leave it sitting there, shaming me with inertia. I finally got it together and sent it off on Saturday. PHEW!

Mailed April 15:


It's another of the so-called "naughty" postcards. This one reminds me a bit of Lori Nix's work. I adore her photographs. Her earlier pieces are a bit more like this - an ordinary scene with something dark and wrong that you don't necessarily see at first glance. Her more recent work is larger scale and usually combines the gorgeous decay of abandoned civilization and the enduring power of nature.

So, did you get your taxes filed on time?

No comments:

Post a Comment