Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2012

From the Vaults #2

From a high school friend, summer or fall 1991:

see how much better they look scanned?

"HI!!!!
This is me, unemployed & living in NY. Okay - it's Janis Joplin, but I am living in NY & severely unemployed. My new address is [...]. Anne told me you love where you're living. So do I! It's in the village, prime location w/in close proximity to lots of bars & restaurants I can't yet afford. What are you doing now? I look for jobs and cook a lot b/c I'm bored. If nothing turns up, soon I will look for waitressing. No one wants to hire you unless you type 50 WPM which I don't! Do you know where Will is post-graduation?? Talked to Camille - she is going to be a PHD student in Psych. Will wonders never cease??? I hope you're happy and that everything is good there. Get in touch w/me! <3 C"

She and I kept in touch for a few years after this - I remember talking to her on the phone either right before or after our 10th high school reunion (I didn't go) - but I have no idea where she is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment