Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Happy Equinox

I realized too late that I should have sent out a postcard with flowers on it today, to honor the beginning of spring. And by that I mean I realized too late that I don't have any floral postcards to send. Instead, I dispatched a very groovy and unequinox-y Japanese cartoon postcard to a friend that I fear I'm in the process of falling out of touch with.


I'm not sure if a bunch of late night thoughts jotted down on a postcard of animated toast people and snaggle-toothed squirrels are enough to affect the cyclical ebb and flow of friendships, but a girl's gotta try.

I still wanted to send something spring-like, so I found this card to send to another friend, whom I hardly ever see or talk to but when we do it's like no time has passed.


I just bought a box of these cards - they are old polaroid pictures - and I thought they were postcards even though the box clearly says notecards. That's what I get for not paying attention. No matter, I can mix it up from time to time, and no need to discriminate against envelopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment