Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Last Day!!

This month has flown by. It feels like I should just be hitting that mid-month stride (or slump, if I'm being realistic). It's hard to imagine how empty and simple February looked from the vantage point of January 31 - I had no idea what lay ahead. Three creative projects, catching up in person with way too many people one at a time, trying to fit in one more nominated film before the Oscars, and some serious life decisions...well, I think I can consider it a success that I only came up one day short on sending out postcards this year, even though I had to abandon my plans for including some letters. Perhaps that's what the rest of the year is for.

Sent Feb 28:

Louis Cannizzaro, "Inertia", 1997
I could stand a bit more of this right now, to be honest.

ETA: on my computer screen the color contrast isn't great and this isn't very readable, but at the bottom of the painting it says "NOTHING EVER HAPPENS".

And here's the penultimate postcard - sent February 27:

Jean-Michel Basquiat, "Untitled (1960)", 1983
No tattooed ex-boyfriends to go with this one, just another interesting image from a fascinating artist.

And just like that, I've run out of words...

No comments:

Post a Comment