Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Days 6 & 7

Mailed February 6:

aw, I wonder if Lawrence is still around!

I love figure skating. I love to watch skating live. I sometimes travel to skating competitions. I'm going to one this week. Figure skating competitions are beyond awesome. Even more beyond awesome is random swag, like this postcard from the 2002 Skate America competition held in Spokane WA. The newly crowned Olympic men's champion Alexei Yagudin was competing...unfortunately, he withdrew after the short program and it was his last competition before retiring. But the adventure will always be remembered by Jana gushing to Alexander Abt about his "soft knees", seeing Ludmila Nelidina and then Yukari Nakano land triple axels, and Camin yelling "we love you Brian!!" out the car window at the 18 year old future World champion Brian Joubert. Good times!

Mailed February 7:


I've had it for years, apparently it was on my wall for a while, but I don't remember where I got it. It's just a really cool retro postcard.

No comments:

Post a Comment